The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- Technical school diploma
- 5 years of HVAC management experience - including strong experience in the residential sector
- EPA, NATE certifications
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Ability to represent Carolina Heating Service in a professional manner with customers, vendors, staff and the general public
- The ability to work well under pressure
- The ability to understand installation department financial statements
- A valid drivers’ license and a good driving record (We will supply a company vehicle for work use)
- Ability to create and adhere to a budget
- Ability to handle difficult customer/technician issues
- Adaptability—including a track record of adapting to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands and dealing with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with different personality styles
- A professional approach and appearance
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills combined with the ability to make decisions quickly and efficiently
- Thick skin and self-driven work ethic
- Flexibility and adaptability
- The ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs
You will also need to pass a background check, drug screen and an industry-specific test that will evaluate your HVAC knowledge, technical/mechanical skills and leadership abilities.
The RoleReporting directly to the General Manager, as the Installation Manager, your basic function and overall goal will be to profitably operate the retail department.
You will join a talented group that includes an Installation Coordinator, Sales Coordinator, Sales Manager and our Installation team. We have about 70 employees here, and you will be responsible for leading approximately 20 of these team members. Externally, you can expect to work with our customers and other key contacts such as vendors and subcontractors. Typically, you will manage about 4-6 installations per day.
More specifically, your essential duties will be to:
- Hire, manage, discipline and terminate installers
- Oversee dispatch and customer service personnel
- Interface between service and replacement
- Handle customer issues as they arise
- Technical support for install field staff
- Pre‐interview installation applicants
- Monitor installers’ usage of company vehicles
- Responsible for installation department inventory
- Train, manage, support installers
- Speak to customers and others that reception cannot assist
- Other tasks as requested by the President or General Manager
Why Carolina Heating ServiceMajor Impact:
You'll enjoy the satisfaction that comes with knowing that your efforts are making a direct impact on our revenue and overall profitability! You will have the freedom and autonomy to run the install department as if it were your very own entrepreneurial business.
Mission and Values:
HVAC stands for Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning.
But for us at Carolina Heating Service, it also stands for Honesty, Value and Commitment...
At Carolina Heating Service we are committed to providing our customers with the highest value of heating and air conditioning solutions in the industry. We strive to do this by partnering with top quality manufacturers, employing highly trained employees and supporting their success with continuing education. Our Goal is 100% customer satisfaction; providing top quality sales, service and installation that meets and exceeds our customer’s expectations.
Carolina Heating is BBB accredited!
Above all else, we will do the RIGHT THING! The RIGHT THING comes from honesty, integrity, passion and caring for both our customers and employees!
Great work environment
We are extremely proud of our culture that is dedicated to high ethics, respect, trust and excellent customer service. When people come to work here, they tend to stay -- as evidenced by a large number of our employees that have been with us for many years.
Excellence in Service
No job is too big or too small for us. We install and service complex systems designed for the requirements of large commercial buildings as we do any residential system including advanced alternative energy systems such as heat pump and geothermal or ground source systems. Some of the brands we install and service include Carrier, Aprilaire, and WaterFurnace for Geothermal HVAC systems. In 2007 and 2008 we added emergency power standby generators from Generac and Rinnai tankless water heaters to complement the heating and air conditioning lines of services, followed by Solar Systems in 2014.
In addition to a competitive salary and a bonus program, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including all you'd expect and a few surprises, such as a company provided vehicle.
Pictured: These are just a few of our awards and associations that we are proudly affiliated with.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role it will be essential that you can drive communication between the various teams and key contacts. We will look to you to keep the GM and the Owner in the loop of any issues or problems that may come up in your daily work.
We have a fast-paced, procedure-driven environment here at Carolina Heating and we’re looking for a hands-on professional who can thrive in this type of environment and roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
To truly find success in this role, you will also possess the following core competencies and characteristics:
- Self-motivated and able to handle rapidly changing priorities and several tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to respond to difficult situations with customers and co‐workers with a high level of
- Must be able to communicate effectively with vendors and co‐workers.
- Must be able to follow safety guidelines at all times.
- Must have the ability to manage and lead effectively.